Wednesday, June 2

When i saw a rainbow..for the first time

One day,mom,my little bro and me were walking urgently through the crowded city,heading somewhere.And the weather
was totally bright and sunny.but then there was a slight drizzle.And my bro suddnely asked my mom "its sunny n its raining too..where is the rainbow.?" And then i was like "rainbow.? oh cummon..be real! they appear only in story books and fairy tales.!"
my bro could not accept the fact that rainbows dont always appear.for him,if there is the sun and the rain,then there has to be a rainbow!
He looked at mom..with disbelief in his wide eyes.My mom tried to explain that you wouldn't always see rainbows.but my bro still didnt believe it.
And then mom said to him.."Remember when we were in payyannoor..when we saw a rainbow in the sky.? how beautiful the sight was! "
and both of them got crazy and over excited and started talking crazily about it..while i listened..though totally disinterested..thinking
about something else.Mom disturbed me from my deep thoughts and asked "have you ever seen a rainbow?" and i said "no.."
My mom couldnt believe it..She then started talking like i'm deprived of something very essential.She was actually sad for me!
And i was like "what's there in a rainbow.? i dont care whether i've seen it or not!" Now..i'm someone who cant take in the beauty of nature.
I mean..when i see something beautiful around..a rare butterfly or a colourful hummingbird,i'll think, "okay..its beautiful"..but i dont get excited
or poetic when i see those.but mom is like..totally different.! She just cant accept the fact that i dont feel happy or excited when i come across
the beauties of nature! i walked on..totally annoyed..when my bro suddenly blurted out.."I told you there would be a rainbow! see i found it out! "
I suddenly turned to see my mom n bro literally jumping on the footpath..totally hyper excited..their mission of finding a rainbow successful.
"why the hell are they geting all hyper.?" i thought..
Only then did i look at the sky.And there it was. "THE" rainbow..there it was..like a huge glittering arch! :)
I could all those seven colours..I dunno what i did..but i was gaping at it..wide eyed..i'd never seen anything so beautiful before..
But then..when i looked around me,i saw the bustling city..the busy people..people in bikes overtaking each other..
people barely noticed this beautiful thing in the sky..it was like there was a roof above them and they couldnt see what was going on in the sky.
I wanted to shout out "HEY PEOPLE!! YOU'VE GOT A RAINBOW IN THE SKY..JUST LOOK AT IT!! " But obviously..i didnt..
This little memory was very very special to me..in numerous ways.One of them being that its the first time could actually take in the beauty of nature..And ofcourse,that made my hands feel itchy..:P and that's how this article was born!

17 comments:

kausiki said...

nice post....u made me remember my childhood when i saw rain boe sitting in my dads lap:)thankz... do continue ur posts:)

Medha.* said...

Thnx da..:)

Keerthi.. :) said...

hey.. itx cool.. srsly! probably.. d bst post in ur blog.. :)
lub yew, sugar!! :)
keep writin'.. :P :P

c.s. said...

Medzz..
i lub ya post..as usual, amazin'!!
Keep postin more often.. :D
Yew made meh rememba da tym moi cusnz n meh made a mini rainbow..with a hosepipe.. :P:P

Akshar Varma said...

yeah it is quite good!
liked it u rite quite well u know!!
u should try writing a book geetu chechi is also good u 2 togheter write "my childhood days" or somethin lik dat

allan said...

totally awesome!! no kiddin!:P n yeah caro i do remember doin that stuff..........though we couldn't see any !! :P....

Vishnu. Varma said...

Hats off.....
ithokke engene ezhuthunnu???

geet said...

my god sis!! u relly relly surprise me!!!! i thot u were a dumb in nature beauty articles....but wen u get the hang of it....u blast off dont u?
man this is truly amazing...i luv it so much...and yea i agree wid akshar here....amybe we CAN write 2geda.....wud b fun......

Test said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Test said...

good article ammini.. these days, people do not generally notice the beauty of the nature around them, either because they are (seemingly) busy, or, they have lost their "ability" (is that the right word?) for observing the nature which they had during their childhood. At the same time, do not just say "how beautiful...!!!" seeing the nature in its different manifestations.. go further and further beyond the romanticism.. Will the nature be like this for all the days to come? Do something before it is too late... whenever u see something that is against nature, do something in your own way... Best wishes....

Medha.* said...

@caro
Lol thnk 'ew twinnie..:)
N wot happend 2 dat mini rainbow.? :P

@ kitty
Thnx babie..:) Yewr comment is priceless coz 'ew rarely temme dat my post is gr8 n awl..:P mm..so..diz one'x got2 b gud.! :P i guez..:)

@akshar

y me n geethu.? :O u too join in!! lol..:D

@Allan

oww..thnk yew..:) isnt dis yewr first comment.? :P keep on commentin'..:) wud lub 2 noe wot yew fink of my writing!!

allan said...

well the mini rainbow didn't work though!! he he!! all that i remember is that caro n i got WET!! TOTALLY WET! :P

Medha.* said...

@geet - oh yea..:) nee entha enne patti vichaariche.? :P

@murariyammavan - Dis was written in a hurry..dint think mch abt it at dat tym..bt i wanted to add dat part later on wen i re-read d post..

@vishnu - Enthaa cheyyaa..njan angane okke aayi poyillee.! :P

c.s. said...

@Allan
Yep bro!!Rainbow din wurk out.. except dat v got WET!! :D But it wos fun ryt?? :P

allan said...

@ caro
thanne thanne!! :P.........bhayankara rasayirunnu......;)

c.s. said...

@allan

Duh!!d best part wos seein yew wet!! lol.. :D:D

gauthaman said...

nice post



but..............

















i showed you the rainbow



















if will not be there


you could not write this thing